London Design Festival - there is still time (and a lot to see!)
|Endless stairs - Image by Cityscape|
Cheval Knightsbridge has an incredible design deco in their apartments
The London Design Festival 2013 is halfway through but don't worry, you still have a lot to profit from it!
Explore the fascinating world of design at the 11th +London Design Festival, which is bigger and better than ever, with more than 300 exciting events and exhibitions.
The packed programme has something for everyone, with site-specific installations, newly commissioned projects and trade fairs – plus events, talks and workshops – taking place right across London.
Just a few of the highlights to look out for include:
- The Endless Stair: an Escher-like structure of 20 interlocking staircases installed outside Tate Modern
- God Is In The Details... at the V&A: Discover detail you hadn't noticed as 20 designers pick an object from the V&A and magnify its design highlights or quirks with Swarovski lenses
- Digital Design Weekend at the V&A (21-22 September): two days of events exploring digital art, design and science – from interactive installations to biotechnology and inventive electronics.
- Global Design Forum at the Southbank Centre (16-17 September): panel discussions, Q&A sessions, keynote speeches and presentations from the leading lights of the world of design – including graphic legend Peter Saville.
- Design Districts: explore design in your neighbourhood at one of the festival's regional design hubs: Chelsea Design Quarter, Clerkenwell Design Quarter, Brompton Design District, Fitzrovia Now and Shoreditch Design Triangle
London Design Festival is the umbrella for a number of high-profile design events taking place in London at the same time, such as:
100% Design at Earls Court (18-21 September)
Decorex International Perks Field & The Orangery, Kensington Palace (22-25 September)
FOCUS/13 at Design Centre Chelsea Harbour (22-25 September)
designjunction at The Old Sorting Office (18-22 September)
Super Brands London and Tent London at Truman Brewery (19-22 September)
Have you seen our post about the London tube themed pub, made for the festival?
Recommended by Cheval Residences - Serviced Apartments London
To know the best of London, follow us in twitter.
Cheval Knightsbridge is a Cheval Residences brand - Serviced Apartaments London
H/T Visit London