Summer Wines - A list for some summertime sipping
As winter (finally) leaves, we put our heavy coats and boots away. To match our summer clothes, lighter and colorful, we should also leave the rich and complex wines in the cooler and get prepared to shop for some summer wines.
When we think of summer wines, the rosé or bubbly comes to mind, but there are also reds and whites ready to enjoy the sun and hot weather.
Here’s a selection of wines deemed ideal for summertime sipping by experts at premium organic retail chain +Whole Foods Market, and Food and Wine magazine that come from California, Washington, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Portugal.
- Mont Gravet Cotes de Gascogne
- Donnafugata Anthilia - Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc
- Vinum Cellars Chardonnay - SeaGlass Santa Barbara Pinot Noir
- Monte Velho Red - Icardi Barbera d’Asti
- Lamatum Ribera del Duero Crianza - H&G Washington State Merlot
- Chateau Grand Claret Cotes de Bordeaux - Cupcake Vineyards Riesling
- Pizzolato Moscato Dolce - 2010 Leitz Dragonstone Riesling
- 2010 St. Supéry Sauvignon Blanc - 2009 Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris
- 2007 Masi Campofiorin Veronese - 2007 Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec
- 2010 Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence Rosé
- 2008 Genesis Syrah
Recommended by Cheval Residences - Serviced Apartments London
Cheval Thorney Court is a brand of Cheval Residences